Monday, October 11, 2010

WAVE! WAVE! WAVE!

There are never enough hours in the weekend! Went down to Manly Beach and explored the area again and liked it so much more than we did the first time. Amazing how jet lag can affect you. We also explored some areas close to Manly that were all beautiful. Had a picnic style lunch and yummy ice cream.
Sunday is Family Fun Day and you can travel unlimited trips on any public transport for just $2.50/adult. We took the ferry from Double Bay to Watson's Bay and had a blast! This ferry was the "cat" kind and was superfast and had lots of cool look out points. The boys loved it! About ten minutes in they were still squealing with delight when they would see other boats...BOAT BOAT BOAT!!! Yes we are in the Harbor so there were a few boats out, I love that they are still so excited even though there are more boats than you could ever scream for. As all good and polite boaters do Carson waves to all the other seafaring passengers we pass...but he does not just wave he yells at the top of his lungs while he waves...WAVE WAVE WAVE. I can not get enough of that kid! He is hilarious! We walked up to the "gap" where you can see the Pacific stretch out for miles,. We let the boys walk the narrow stairs up and down, as Carson would pass people he would say scuse me, sorry, thank u welcome. He would just say every polite word we have every taught him and he figures that covers it! Had fish and chips and beer seaside, a sit down lunch with an adult beverage is quite the treat for me! For the beer connoisseurs the beer was Blue Tongue for Mike and Coopers for me (wheat beer). Pretty good I must say! On the return ferry trip a nice old Asian Gma gave me wet napkins to clean the boys faces, they had barbeque crackers and had messy faces(I was going to clean them when we stopped and got the stroller from the front of the ferry but...I suppose I better do it now) I think Asian Gmas maybe our "bubby" equivalent. Very "helpful and observant."

Monday just the boys and me, Daddy is back to work, went to the Powerhouse Museum for a toddlers only presentation which we lasted 4 minutes for, the robot was very scary for Col. :( No worries there were plenty of other fun things to do, including soaking the toddler bathroom by turning the faucet on the short sink on full blast and putting our hands under it while Mom changed the other guy and could not get to us hahahahaha! What fun! They are the only kids who left the museum soaked. I bet the staff couldn't figure out who soaked the bathroom
I'M ON A BOAT! WAVE WAVE WAVE!

The Gap looking towards Harbor

YUM! CHIPS!

View from the Gap


 

No comments:

Post a Comment