Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colin The Magnificent or the missing diamond earring

Again, a shameless story bragging about my kids. Usual warnings apply.

Every night I take off my earrings and place them on the nightstand. Every morning the first thing I do is put them back on. The nightstand is low and the boys could get to them really easily. This morning I have no idea why, I did not do it. It was about 10:30 and we were leaving for the park, I went upstairs and one of my earrings caught my eye on the floor(grey carpet). CRAPTACULAR and other cursing ensued. The boys had obviously gotten to them. I found one but could not find the other. Mike had these made special for me and they are sentimental, I wear them everyday. I really love them. Tears. Pulling apart the room. Sheets off the bed move the bed, etc. It could be anywhere, in the drain, toilet, a stomach, really anywhere when 2 y.o twins are involved. Finally the boys came upstairs to see why we were not on our way. I sat down in their glider put my head in my hands and realized it was gone, Car rock the glider for me, sweet. I asked them where the earrings were and Carson was blank but Colin went right to the nightstand. I told him it was missing and we needed to find it. He tried to put a band aid on my leg, I guess since I was crying. I can count on one hand the # of times I have cried in front of them, so the gestures were very kind. I went to the other side of the room where I had not searched every inch, Colin went to my side. All of the sudden he runs over "found it found it found it" Wouldn't you know it, he found it. Seriously, a miracle. I thought I had searched every inch. He saved the day!

Later that day on our way to the park Car ate it hard, face on the pavement and everything. Colin stopped pushing his car, turned around pushed his car back to the accident, rescued Carson's car that had fallen down a little hill pushed it up to Car, and waited to see if his brother was ok. Our baby is really growing up.

Also same day I lost and found back at the park our apartment and safe key. Mike asked me how it happened it is so big he said. This was not the best thing to say in the midst of the crisis.  A few minutes later he texted to say it was the day of lost things, he had lost his laptop power cord. How could that happen it is so big, I wondered? All things have since been found! Even the teeny tiny power cord :)  

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean we don't have our "baby" any more? How sweet are those boys!!! They knew mama was upset and made it better....precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison:
    Each time you have a new post, I am more taken by your skill at this! While Alli's adventures in horrorland with the medical folks are awful, we are delighted to hear about the boy's adventures and yours! It brings back some of David's memories of Sydney (but if it is the 50s now, can you image how prehistoric it was when he was there?) Best wishes to you all at the start of spring!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete