Friday, October 8, 2010

Cat A Roo is totally a swamp wallaby and his peeps live at the Featherdale Wildlife Park


The boys and I have had a pretty low key week, I have been under the weather and not feeling all that ambitious for outings. But by Thursday it seemed there would be mutiny on the bounty if I did not get my rear in gear for some serious fun, the local park a 5 minute walk away was getting so lame. We hit the Featherdale Wildlife Park. And guess who was right at the front to greet us...CAT A ROO! See video. This particular CAT A ROO is a swamp variety and I think that is exactly Cat A Roo's flavor! They have all manner of native Aussie animals you can get up close and personal with. Wallabies, (coulda seen those for free at home thanks!) koala's, roo's, birds, reptiles and...goats, pigs, roosters etc...not sure how these guys fit in but they were a treat I consider myself an animal lover but I was terrified when a big cute cuddly grey roo came hopping towards me making eye contact and wanting the food I had insanely purchased( I actually did not have change so they gave us the $1 cake cone with dried grass inside) so we could hand feed him. Colin and I were in the same camp, I think Carson vacilated between terror and wanting to curl up with them like they were the family pet. The ultimate highlight for the boys was figuring out how to use the aussie style water fountain and running laps through the horseshoe shaped nocturnal habitat. They like to pretend they are grown up so I gave up trying to keep up and just waited at one side or the other. At one point Car must have ate it inside the habitat because he cam tearing out, covered in dirt screaming, "my knees my knees a boo boo my knees ouchie kiss it!" Then he did not want to be grown up and independent!

Great videos and pics to come...see last line in post "my dishwashers gone ghetto"

No comments:

Post a Comment