Sunday, October 24, 2010

Maybe one day we can really have fun and tour the Coke plant!

Mike had a get to know you work b-fast on Friday morning at 8:30am. It was originally scheduled for 7:30 am but I guess some complaining from others led it to it being moved until it is actually light outside. It was fun, as fun as these things can be. Not that I was dreading it but when Colin went to bed with a little fever I thought well someone has to stay home with him tomorrow CLEARLY it will be me! Well he woke up right as rain and so off we went.  The people were all very nice but you know how work things are people go of in their cliques and even if you are invited to a convo that seems normal it turns lickety split to work. So the boys had fun playing at the park I had fun telling people how great their country is and smiling and nodding happily alot! So one funny thing...His one friend Adam whom Mike told me he really liked, pulled me aside, and was like yeah, "you know what would be really REALLY cool? (no tell me I do not know anything cool)  we could get someone to watch the kids.... (I am thinking great he wants to do a double date, I know Mike thinks this guy is cool his wife seems cool I would love to have a friend or be invited somewhere, yeah friends!) and....he says... we could tour the Coke manufacturing facility, I think that would be so fun for everyone, I know Justine (his wife) is always having to listen to me talk about Coke and that would be so cool to see it made." A few things came to mind that I did not say 1. YES I know about hearing about Coke talk, my friend and I started a club called FCS it stands for F-ing Coke Spouses (I might wait til meeting them a second time to drop the f bomb on em) 2. You think I am going to waste my babysitting $ to look at sugar and water coming together, hell no, only if I can expense it and we are watching Cuba Libres being made! 3. YES I have seen Coke being made I used to work there! I also have done "really cool" stuff like fixed a fountain machine, loaded a cooler, and...wait for it... delivered product after hours. The range of my coolness just does not stop. How do you think I got my husband? I dazzled him with my sugar soda water prowess
Anyway, I did what I had been practicing I said, "yes, that would be wonderful" and made sure to smile excessively and nod approvingly! I can't wait! I will lock in a sitter NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment