Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How are you going?

Hi Maam, HOW ARE YOU GOING? The nice young lady at Woolies asked me as she approached me with some samples of ice cream. Currently, I go by foot, once I leave here I will go by car and when it is family fun day I go by ferry, I said. Just kidding, I said, "I am Well how are you going?" You see this is what Aussies say to ask each other HOW THEY ARE DOING.
Well GOOD ON YA MATE! This means Great job, well done good for you! They even say it when in reality you did not do so well like the swimmer that got Dehli Belly and did horribly at the Commonwealth Games, the announcer still closed the interview with Good on ya mate! Even though the dude stunk it up! When people say it I can not help but think I am going to need my Tide Stain Stick STAT or the time when my Mom got bird pooped on about 4 miles from our house and had to wash up in the sprinklers of the park like a hobo! All funny but none make me think I did a good job!
YOUR TURN TO SHOUT-no silly not your turn to talk at a loud bar your turn to buy for the group.
NAPPIES-diapers
CAR LEASE-actually in reality a loan
CHEERS- see ya peace out later gator, has nothing to do with toasting you with a beverage

I am sure there are many more that still fly right by me :) I will keep updating this post as I am able to understand these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment