Monday, April 18, 2011

We have no bananas today!

When bananas hit $15.99/kilo(that is $8.00/lb or about $1.80/banana) I stopped buying them. The guilt I would feel over throwing away such a dear banana was too much! Well, we have bananas TODAY! We went to Chinatown this weekend and took a peak into Haymarket. We were there at the crack of dawn for a Sunday, 10:00 am, and so we had the run of the place. After deciding we all already had enough stripper costumes and "designer" handbags we went through to the green grocery section. This is where I discovered and purchased bananas for $4.99/kilo! Just like a drunk misses his drink, CH missed bananas. He ate 5+ bananas. I went back and bought more. By the time we got back to the market it was packed and Momo was almost savagely run over by a produce cart, but we got our precious discounted bananas. Of course today, I am the only one eating bananas.
Happy Banana Dance in Darling Harbor
                      
                                    

1 comment:

  1. I am also lamenting the high cost of bananas! They are about $12/kg here in Melbourne. I buy them anyway and tell my husband he better savor every bite!!

    ReplyDelete