Friday, April 22, 2011

My seasons are upside down

One thing I never considered a challenge is proving to be a bit challenging. It is always the things you do not put on your "to obsess over list" that sneak their way into your psyche. Southern Hemisphere living means living in "upside down" seasons. It is Fall here, I love Fall, I love everything about Fall. The weather has a bit of crisp in the morning but the days are sunny and sometimes downright balmy, the nights are cool and Fall smells good, really good. I also love the rituals and routines that swing into gear in Fall...College Football, Halloween, and EASTER? What? Easter? screech...the music stops...people stare...Easter? I am all mixed up! This can't be! I should be snuggling into the couch to watch my Seminoles or The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I had to buy a bunny tea towel and hang it in the kitchen so I could remind myself daily this is April, not September. I bought the kids all kinds of sweets for their baskets, we painted eggs, we will dye eggs tonight, we went to a Good Friday service this am. It just isn't sinking in that this is Fall and this is April and soon it will be June and the dead of winter.

             There is no better way to spend a Fall/Spring "Fring" day than at Balmoral Beach


                                                    



1 comment:

  1. I love all these pictures, but especially the close-up of Carson...that is a great pic.

    ReplyDelete