Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not tuna lunch on my picnic rug...

This is not a food blog, by reading this blog you may think I only troll Sydney for the best in playground life, but occasionally I break free from picnic lunches and go out on the town. My table will be for two or maybe more but never ever does my booking include a request for highchairs. More obsessed than I am with finding the best playgrounds, I am obsessed with food(and drinky). I am discovering I am REALLY really obsessed with good food, I am always looking for an excellent restaurant, cool cafe, dive bar, fancy bar, family restaurant to fine dining, authentic ethnic food and everything in between. I have considered spinning off a food blog but I have limited babysitter time and painfully slow metabolism so it would be terribly sparse as a stand alone blog! So, if your like me, you have to fit your eating fantasy life into your regular life this could be the place for you!

I have been to some really great places lately but have gotten so behind on sharing!

I will start with Bodega in Surry Hills. I REALLY love this place despite all the reasons I should hate it including: it is tapas which I find so Y2K and generally overpriced, it takes no bookings and is crazy cramped, one of our four had to sit on a small stool with his back on the next diner. But against all odds I am in love. We went on a Saturday night with another couple, we got there a shade past 6 right when they open the doors for the lucky first seating, we were seated immediately! Had our cab been a few seconds slower we would have been eating with the 8:30 crowd. Which would have been fine for the local bar but maybe not so good for us the next day. So, the food is so incredibly delicious. Table favorites were Sashimi Kingfish Fingers, Steamed buns(the crowd went wild for these little jewels) and the Corn Tamale. We could have all lived without the Chorizo. We had great but pricey wine and really really great service. I am dying to go back, but with so many great places in Sydney to try I will have to live on the memory alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment