Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Birthday, His Bucket List



For my birthday a few months ago, M gave me a seaplane trip that took us from Rose Bay over Sydney Harbor and up the coast of the Northern Beaches to Palm Beach with Sydney Seaplanes. When I opened it I thought, "hmm...kinda cool but also kinda funny b/c that is sooo something he would like way more than me, whatev!"  Then I found out you stop at Jonah's Whale Beach for lunch and I was a bit more interested, but still not a believer. When we had to cancel a few times for weather I was mildly but not wildly disappointed. Finally, our third rebook was a charm.

This was the best day ever. If this is not on your Sydney/LIFE bucket list it needs to be. NOW. I am a believer. This was one of the coolest things I have ever done. The people at Sydney Seaplane are so nice and professional. They acted like they run their business to cater to our needs only. I felt like a contestant on a fantasy reality dating show being whisked from one glamour destination to another, all except for the part where I have to make out on national television with a stranger.









On the boat transfer from the seaplane to the mini bus that was waiting to whisk us up to Jonah's.


Jonah's Whale Beach, an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING meal. 

Another view from Jonah's

Barrenjoey Lighthouse Palm Beach



If you need more than a postcard worthy sunshine day seaplane flight over beautiful lush beaches and iconic architecture with a gourmet lunch in between. Then we can also offer... WHALES!!! WHALES!!! WHALES!!! We saw 5 whales on the trip back to Sydney!

Humpback whales migrating from Antarctica to the Great Barrier Reef. This sighting took my breath away. Funny...I worried I may not see these beautiful 52' 30-50 ton animals, that I would somehow miss these petite little creatures! Their heart alone weights 430lbs. No binoculars needed when these beauties surface. Keep in mind we had no time to zoom and these pics were taken from a little less than 1000'.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip and well worth the wait. Great gift from LK.

    ReplyDelete