Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From my point of view...


Last week, a group of about 14 ladies and me went to see Bridesmaids at The Event Cinema for Chicks at the Flicks. This movie is absolutely hilarious. You must see it. It is not just a Chick Flick and it is not just a girls answer to Hangover. It is so much more. I would go again to see it if you need a plus one! The movie stars Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph. This is important because I was told about 5 times after the movie that Maya Rudolph and I could be twins. I don't think that is a bad thing but I just don't see it. At All.  Now, to be fair, some comments were made about mannerisms and acting alike but it is still a bit of a stretch, but if 5 people say it, maybe it is true? I IMDB'd her and found out she was born in Gainesville, Fl which is near my neck of the woods. Who knows maybe she is my long lost rich and famous and funny relative? Jackpot!

Maya Rudolph at "The Black List: Volume Two" HBO Documentary New York Premiere - Arrivals

I just don't see it???(okay maybe in these pics a little) If you do/don't comment below!

Before the movie we hit The Dip, inside the Good God Social Club. They did a great banquet meal for us including more apps than we could eat, mains and dessert for $28. You can barely get a coffee and a nibble for that in Sydney! Service was great, food was great, American style fancy bar food, pulled pork sandwiches, awesome nachos, crazy good double fry fries, salsa, corn on the cob, slaw, beans, and this cookies and creme carmely ice cream thing. The Chevy Chase pitcher of adult lemonade could have held my attention all evening.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun evening out! Must admit, I too thought that you reminded me of Maya Rudolph while watching that movie - in a good way! Strange isn't it how others see things you don't really see yourself?

    ReplyDelete