Monday, September 27, 2010

Totally racist, in a good way

Is that even possible? Here goes...A few days ago we made our way to the Sydney Fish Market, second largets in the world behind Tokyo. I LOVE SEAFOOD, I mean love it, I would eat it every meal, so I am pumped about this excursion. All of the seafood places also serve take away food that is amazing. The big decision is where to eat. Now here is where the racism goes down... You can follow the Caucasions to the greasy fish and chips, fried everything stands(I can say this b/c I am one, right? or so says Dr. Laura) or you can be smart and follow the Asians. Now, I consider myself a bit of an amateur foodie but I have to bow down before most Asians in this department. It is a food culture and I love it. Good food is revered, searched out, shared with friends and family and enjoyed together, it is also usually prized to find AMAZING food for a good value, a description I can not resist. To put it short: Asians don't play when it comes to food. Hence why we followed the Asians to an amazing seafood paradise. Platter for two was big enough for 4 and tasty enough to command $100 or more at nice restaurant...our price $38! Now, don't get me wrong, I know that is a huge generalization to say all Asians know about and enjoy good food, like saying all Southerners love fried food, totally not true 'cept my Mama travels with a deep fryer ya' hear?
As always a few funny things...the birds were so aggressive one swooped right in front of my face to grab one of my oysters, and would have continued to do so through the meal if Carson did not go on birdwatch..."gooooo AWAY BuhhhDIES" mind you most of the birdies were almost as big as big man, but it worked. He also wandered to the next table to try and eat of of this nice young ladies plate, I do not think she was in the family style share your plate kinda mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment