Monday, September 27, 2010

A Cat A Roo

We made the brave decision to be out at night. Brave b/c it requires night driving and brave b/c we are in a beautiful bush like setting and apparently many of Australia's native animals are party animals, up all night sleep all day. Nonetheless, we threw caution to the wind, and it did not pay, walking up the drive to our place out charges a CAT A ROO right towards us, like he is coming for us(Carson and me)! What? you have never heard of a CAT A ROO! I have no idea what this thing was but he looked like a cat in front and a roo in back! CRAZY! One of my little known phobias is mixed up things, usually mythical I admit so that is why it is not a debilitating phobia, it is pretty unlikely I will run into a mermaid  (you will not catch me at Weeki Wachee Springs, no sir) or a Centaur (half man half horse, I had to look it up and that was awful), I could not even watch the old SNL skit Goat Boy, disgusting! So, you can imagine my horror when in real life I was confronted with a mixed up thing! EEK! I did the only sane thing and shoved Carson in front of me to give me a few seconds on the Cat A Roo and hauled it! (kidding, I scooped him up and then totally froze, unfortunately the freezing part is not a joke) As the Cat A Roo was confronted by one of natures most terrifying creatures, a curious toddler he hightailed it! Thus sparing us for another day!
So what is a Cat A Roo? I have scoured the internet looking for pictures that look like ol' Catty but can't find a one! Wouldn't you be impressed if a new species was named after me Catty Rooobin Medoress or something like that?
Could be a small wallaby, but I am certain the one I saw was much more menacing, this must be a tame zoo version!Small Wallaby wall

No comments:

Post a Comment