Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jauque and Jeeves are really Chalk and Cheese

I have learned from LK's work mates that what the old lady really said to me on the street was that the boys were as different as Chalk and Cheese, not the other famous pair Jacque and Jeeves. The work mates added she must have been a Brit b/c this clearly just a Brit saying. Translation:  two things that are very different. If you ask me, some cheese can be chalky and Jacque and Jeeves do many similar things.

From the website Using English.com. Is this what has become of me googling my native tongue?


Idiom Definitions for 'Chalk and cheese'


Things, or people, that are like chalk and cheese are very different and have nothing in common.


1 comment:

  1. I told my Australian neighbor this story yesterday and she said "Oh yes, Chalk and Cheese" all Aussies say that..very different from each other!!

    ReplyDelete