Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cat A Roo version 2.0, Meet the work "mates", all MUMS wear hats & hippie skirts and OhS^%&!!!

2 nights ago I woke to the sound of someone falling down the stairs or so it sounded, since Colin just climbed out of his crib the same day I jumped up wide awake ran into the hall and there was no one on the stairs and everyone was sleeping like angels. Same thing at 4:30. I thought maybe it was our neighbors rolling down the stairs but no raucus ever followed, no ouch yikes oh I fell down the stairs etc...In the morning the rational conclusion was it must have been an animal on the roof. Last night I was lying in bed with Carson who was having a mini meltdown about going to bed, so I was comforting him telling him there was no reason to be afraid when clatter clatter pounce CAT A ROO landed right on the balcony off our bedroom and the sliding glass door was open, screen closed. His eyes were like saucers and he was like sure Mom no reason to be afraid except a Cat A roo just landed on our balcony right..great. Cat A Roo moves like a Koala, uses his tail like a monkey and is just about the coolest craziest thing ever. Tried to get a pic, it was too dark, but Catty was not even fazed by the flash or camera.

Dropped Mike off at a meeting this AM, bc it is life in the 50's and we have one car and really it does not matter b/c I have no real places to go anyhoo! Well we were super early so he got out and was going to have a cappucino while he waited, turns out his marketing manager wife and 9 mo. baby did the same thing. So Mike knocks on the window and asks would you like to meet them so of course we get out and meet them. I am in a total Mom uniform, khaki shorts, sneakers, ponytail and don't forget the cardigan. She had on like three beady necklaces, a flowy dresss with something happening underneath not sure what, gladiator sandals and multiple silver necklaces on her ankles.  I just got back from sorority bid day and she just left a Dead show. They were very very very nice asking how we like it etc...she did not ask me to her Mums group she was heading to.

At the park I went to there were many many other Mums, all in hats(cept me). Must get hat to get friends. Stat. They also wear long flowey hippiesh skirts, those look hideous on me, so hears to hoping people will like me just for me, khaki shorts and all. Most kids wear hats, it is really frowned on if your kids do not, mine refuse, in Aussie culture I have failed my job as Mum. Oh well, my two year old can count to three, take that pansy hat wearers!!!  Another rogue hatless kid came down the slide right after Col and slammed him into the sand face first and then did some kind of wrestle mania long sit on him, all the Dad said was hahaha, must be more careful. I learned my lesson at Mackers and kept my thoughts on the inside and wiped Col off and kept moving. Soon after there was a major fight by the octopus, a little girl was bashing a boy with a truck in the head and he was pulling her hair and the Medor boys were nowhere near! YES! I looked on in smug horror delighted that noone I gave birth to was involved!

Oh Sh^&, not a good day for our rental car a bright blue Ford Falcon with a fin in the back, just what all 4 door sedans need a fin to show how sporty they are. Anyway, I was parked parallel, at Bronte Beach, I did not have to park that way they were two spots open thank goodness. By the time I left of course I was jammed in. I narrowly missed a parking ticket. Thats where the luck ended! I was leaving a very tight spot when crunch I got the guy behind me, I got the guy behind me b/c I thought I was in D and I was actually still in R...are you kidding me, this I can not blame on the wrong side jazz. Am I that idiotic, apparently so, a very very quick look confirmed no damage to him, THANK YOU GOD! Light paint scrapes from his front plate for me, I was shaking like crazy and I think cursing as the boys started saying sh*% as we drove away. To add to the meticulous care of this car we do not own, an orange crayon fell out of the fun bag and melted on the seat making it look like a Cheeto a thon happened in the front seat. oh s%@#!!! We are thinking of getting a nice new car, is this really the best idea, I do not think I can be trusted with nice new things.

Bronte Beach is just south of the famous Bondi, very beautiful very kid friendly, a nice park tons of shaded picnic spot a natural rock pool great playground. Col loves the beach, Car freezes cries and I have to carry him he hates the way sand feels on his feet. At a few points I carried both boys through the sand. Boy did we look like total tourists. All of the men in speedos were laughing, but the laugh was actually on them, they are the ones in speedos! I took a great pic of the shoreline and the rocks and YES! as I looked through them I realized I got a topless lady in the shot. Maybe I will show this to Mike to divert the attention from the Ford Falcon fiasco! See when God closes a door He opens a window!

1 comment: