Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My husband moved into a new DMG

If you have any idea what I am talking about, you and my hubby will be fast friends and I will politely excuse myself for another drink while you discuss DMGs.

Only a few things about his age get to him. One is when we are the same age. In the 11.5 years that I have known him, every year he revels in the most wonderful time of year where he is 6 months younger than me, he tells anyone who will listen how old "we" are. In the 6 months we are the same age. SILENCE. crickets. nothing. about. age. evah. Fine with me I will revel in my cougarness.

He is nonplussed by turning the traditional numbers that people get worked up about. Howevah, this birthday was a bit of a toughie for him. Why? Because in the marketing world's eyes he is "OLDER." He is now in a new demographic marketing group that is targeted for responsible things like life insurance, mutual funds, safe yet "sporty-ish" cars with 4 or more doors and family vacations to places with water elevators and pools the size of the Vatican.

The boys were so excited about his DMG move that they literally ripped cards and presents out of his hands to open, they announced the few surprises we had for him and told him where his gifts were. They even told Momo that their birthday was last week. Poor LK, even his big DMG move day had to be shared! Luckily he got to go to the Hunter Valley on Friday for a mini break. More on that later.
CH pulling out LKs gift from Mom and BD(see left hand).
CM eyeing the unattended parcels.
Lk is looking at the "surprise" drawings the boys did for him and
once completed announced that they "drew him a surprise!"

Having to hold the bag to keep the interlopers at bay.
They were nothing short of ravenous.

What's with his ugly cake?
He has been dying for a Costco apple pie since we were in the States,
sadly he did not get an apple pie there and his heart still pines for one.
Even though I really wanted to make his dreams come true our car was in the shop
 and Costco is a helluva a walk! I bought this locally at a tasty little shop, then
 walked to about 5 other stores while this bounced around, hence the shape.
Then the top would not brown so I turned on my broiler,
 then someone needed me and I forgot! Disaster!
It tasted OK and it was not the shape or the brown mucking things up,
 Costco has it by a mile on this one.
The only thing to save the day was Maggie Beer(brand not flavor) Ice Cream

They love a good celebration! 

We put streamers on the door and that was about the coolest thing for them.

"aww mate don't let the number get ya down, your as good as evah"



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun celebration. I wonder if costco will have American style pumpkin pies this week . . .? Might be worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great celebration! Nothing better than Costco pies!

    ReplyDelete