Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The coat of many colors...

Is a Dolly Parton song where she describes a coat her Mama made her from rags. To be clear, we are not wearing rags, but due to extortionate prices and limited availability(ie sub par shopping), "things" have become very dear here in Australia. For example, the boys were given some hand me down clothes from a very generous friend yesterday and today CH was wearing one of the shirts. In the States we were given boxes and boxes of clothes but we never got around to wearing them. We were not too good for hand me downs, we just had so many clothes we never had a chance to wear them, yes, I know, barf! Flash forward to today trying to buy long sleeve long pant PJ's. I was at the checkout when to my horror I saw that they were $40 a pair. The clerk said, "but they are 100% cotton." I said "No, thank you, we will wait," and I walked out of the store. I think the clerk tried to embarrass a little me by being over sympathetic and dramatic, I think he said, "oh, oh, OH my dear, I am so sorry, I should have told YOU." I thought for a few minutes, am I cheap? Am I crazy? Should I just buy the PJs? Then my husband said it best, "$40 for kids PJs is OBSCENE!!!"

Brother, puhlease, do not mess up our PJS, we have to wear these for the next 4 years!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I will start looking for long pj's....even if they are polyester. The search is on! I'm still looking for long sleeved FSU shirts. Cute pic of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victory is mine! I found cotton PJ's at Cotton on Kids 2/$40!. To be sure, they are not as lux as the Bonza Bratz, but they will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing my pre-shopping for me. I'll be heading to Cotton On . . .
    Did you see any warm ones- like flannel?

    ReplyDelete