Monday, May 30, 2011

Tools of The Trade

For years I have resisted a high priced professional blow dryer, even though I have hair drama and spend/have spent way too much on my hair I thought a $150 blow dryer was just a bit excessive. Last week, I walked into a shop, plunked down my money and a couple of home blow drys later I am in heaven. Why did I wait so long for professionally styled looking hair in the comfort of my own home? Why did I wait until I was in a country where everything costs 2x as much and is half as good to do this? (great post on this subject http://www.floridagirlinsydney.com/2011/05/australian-prices-vs-american-prices.html) Am I not worth $150 hair? YES, YES, HECK YES  I AM! Next up fancy flat iron! My bargainista has kicked in on this one and I am stalking the internet for a deal. 
The Seductress
Thanks to my new blow dryer, I look like this 24/7! Don't tell me otherwise! 
Something else I have always wanted was one of these magic stick things to puree, whip, blend, do the laundry and paint my toes. You may have seen them on QVC or even proper cooking shows, you maybe lucky enough to own one. They come with about 1000 attachments and promise domestic ecstasy. Well again, I stormed the Big W(where an older woman[customer] was getting yelled out for using the PA to express her discontent with the current sale and merchandise availability) and walked out with the StickMaster. I am not saying the StickMaster is the best, it is probably the worst since it was the only one left on an otherwise empty shelf(should have used the PA myself to get some resolution on that!) but what I will say is: My whipped butternut squash is enviable and my mashed cauliflower are like fluffy clouds of smelly rooty goodness! A bonus: using it is a bit like using a power tool in the kitchen as it roars around the bowl like a little Tassie devil.
Sunbeam StickMaster Pro

And to round out the list we have the Delonghi Dehumidifier. I will not claim I have always pined for one of these little gems. I did not know they even existed and I certainly did not know owning one would be life changing. It. is. Life. Changing. FULL STOP! Winter in Sydney is wet. Very wet. So wet that our leather bed was wet, like most people our bed is in our bedroom, inside our house and it was wet. I jumped on appliancesonline.com and had one to my door the next day. It has saved us from the mildew army that was invading the house. Next on my wet weather list: Hunter Boots, not just a fashion statement here, this is actually functional clothing that I can not live another day without.








2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend you crack me up! Get ready to spend $300 AUD on that GHD straightener. Worth every penny though.

    ReplyDelete