Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The week of RUDE

Could be a full moon? Could be some people are wearing their spanks too tight? Could be that watching too many episodes of Master Chefs immediately after consuming our boring lackluster does not include BOMB ALASKA dinner are making us crabby(Masterchef runs almost every evening at 7:30, they make some insanely yummy looking things) Who knows what makes people so crazy?

So there was the Dr. office thing. That issue has been covered ad nauseum. I am over it.

Then there was this b#$%^ at the Wine Odyssey who was too busy stuffing her face to help us try a wine. The Wine Odyssey has a pneumatic tasting system with about 35 bottles hooked to it. All are for sale by taste, half glass or glass. I asked to taste a Riesling and was told by Mrs. Stuffy Face, "hmmph, I mean do you just want to taste it, I mean that is not really the way it works(Really, cause the sign offers
'tastes') I mean your not just going to keep asking to taste things are you? b/c that IS NOT the way it works you can't just keep coming back and tasting all around!!!" Forget it I would not taste it if you paid me, so there!

AND Then today at the library I ran into a very sweet woman who frequently babysits for us. She was at the library watching another set of twins we know. The boy twin takes two containers of crayons and dumps them, ala 2.5 y.o boy. The sitter bends down to pick them up and the little girl twin takes this opportunity to pull her shirt off. The sitter jumps up seeing that a naked child in the library takes precedence over spilt crayons. This other mum looks at her as she is scrambling off the floor out of the crayon flood to try and contain the naked situation and in the most condescending tone says, " YOU ARE GOING TO PICK THOSE UP AREN'T YOU?????" I almost fell over in shock! She was, of course, a SMOG, smug mothers of girls. I thought to myself, oh lady, karma is a bigger B than you and you just invited her to dinner at your house for what may be the entirety of your daughters teen years! Another Mum, who was a stranger, but felt compassion for the situation, and I cleaned up the crayons, no biggie. Crayons on the floor. I think we have all cleaned worse.

Just when I had written off the kind in humankind. I met the flip side of rude when CH broke my heart at the playground. For no reason AT ALL, he pushed a little girl from a very high platform at the park. It was a bad fall from about 5'. I literally welled up I felt so horrible. The girls Mom was so kind to us and so gracious saying, "oh you don't know what they are going to do, it is OK, really, really, truly it is OK." She may have been so nice because she did not see the actual fall, it was bad, she may have just been a very cool person, whatever the reason she saved my view on [Australian] humanity.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious-- I have a friend here visiting and we have had the week of rude too! So where are you in Sydney? You can email me at flgirlinsydney@gmail...

    ReplyDelete