Sunday, January 2, 2011

I prefer a world bathed in sunlight

It is true, I would never ever make it in Seattle. After 5 straight rainy rainy days in Surfers Paradise(which I decided is one stop above Daytona Beach, only kept that way by the Asian tourists which class it up a little and don't "show out" the way some of DB finest do), trying to "make the best" of it, we were released from our sentence to continue our trip. We headed down PCH to Coffs Harbor. We drove the same drive 5 days prior and I thought huh? it is nice but was it worth the drive? In sunlight...the answer is clear...YES!
Sadly, I did not stop at the M.N.H for HOT NUTS, apparently I was the only one who did not stop, there were cars EVERYWHERE! Nor did I hit up a roadside stand but I did get to enjoy all of this in Coffs Harbor. This place is great. I would love to go back but I feel there is so much more to see! 
We stayed at the Coffs Harbor Novotel, the last place with vacancy, and it was a far cry from our lovely Surfers Paradise Marriott. Ahh trade offs!
 In Coffs we ate at The Fishermans Co-op at the marina. Walk up get ultra fresh fish( for so cheap, Mike's cajun fish was $5) find a picnic table and enjoy. After dinner we were driving around checking out the town and we passed this carnival. Carson was adament from the back seat that he needed to ride a horse. So we stopped and he rode a horse. Col wanted to but there was a ride making a loud noise behind him, he choose the boats. But what he really wanted to ride were the bumper cars and the crazy "matterhorn" ride where the cars go around in a circle fast, so fast they get airborn and then they stop and do the same thing backwards, my adrenaline junky cried and cried to ride it, "i ride I ride i ride"











I ride I ride I ride

A beautiful antique carousel, imagine the work it takes to transport this treasure


Coffs Harbor Carnival

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment