Monday, January 3, 2011

Are you serious there Clark?

My pics stink, if you want to see beauty check the Sydney website

When Mike first mentioned he really wanted to take the family to see the fireworks in Sydney I actually ignored him and thought he would forget or maybe I thought it was the Pinot talking? He did not forget. He brought it up again and again. It is really rare for Mike to say he REALLY WANTS to do anything so when he said he REALLY wanted to see the fireworks I figured I should try and be amicable and  humor him, afterall, he puts up with all of my crazy so I kind of more than owe it to him. To clarify about why this is such a crazy idea, some people arrive to watch fireworks 4 days prior, by us, it is 6 hours prior, that is still way too long for the boys(and their mama). So the plan that was executed was: Wake the boys up from a peaceful slumber at 10 ish(Mike started asking if it was time at 9:30, I sent him on packing duty to try and occupy him for an hour or so) and walk to a point that was not an official super crowded lookout and watch. As a Mom who has done so many late nights and no sleep nights, to wake a sleeping baby was as much against my nature as a fish walking. But, I did it. Col rolled over and hid his little arms under him so I could not get to him, Car gave me this look from Mike's arms that said, "MOMMY, are you letting the inmates run the assylum, does this mean we don't have to eat veggies and brush teeth anymore???" No, Son, it just means Mommy is temporarily insane, we will be back to our regularly scheduled life soon!

So we loaded them in the trusty BOB and headed toward the harbor.  We found a great spot, the boys were so excited, running around in their jammies and sneakers saying "firewohk, firewohk firewohk," then the firewohks started and the boys were not so excited when they realized firewohks were "too loud, like thunda" Col got back in the stroller under the blankets and Car watched pretty happily. They were an extraordinary display, the best I have ever seen or will probably ever see! We got in around 1ish to bed by 2, I was sure we would be up at 7, but the boys gave us a great gift, the whole family slept past 10. I felt like a teenager on all that sleep!

I got all dressed up for the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment