Wednesday, September 28, 2011

And then it happened.

Family said it would happen.
Friends said it would happen.
Strangers said it would happen.
My Mom said "don't blink."

I did not believe any of them. How could they be right? Everyday with twins is so completely consuming full on intense.

If life with twin boys was a color it would be a saturated candy apple dripping off the edges red.

Somedays seem so very very long. How could all of THIS MAYHEM just fly by? They were all just wrong, they just did not know about my reality, I figured.

And then it happened.

One day this.

The next day this.

In my mind they might as well be going to college tomorrow. I just can't believe it has gone so fast.

The realization started when they were invited to a friends party from school that I did not know. They have a friend that I have not pre-screened. A friend whom I don't know the Mum, Dad, Sibs, family history? They have a friend they met all on their own. They have a life completely outside of me. Could this be?

Then they had their birthday party and CM told us, "now I am a big boy Mommy." This is the same little guy who told us he wanted to be a baby forever, his favorite line was, "No, I too wittle."

Then the potty thing started to come together. Then they were carrying their own backpacks(CH), wearing size 5 slim cut jeans(CH) with no VDP(visible diaper puff) or elastic waist band and off to school to be with "their friends," who will, no doubt, invite them to wild parties in the homes of COMPLETE strangers.

In my 100% made up in my head completely unscientific estimation, this feeling must be the cause of at least half of all of the births of the second, third, fourth, fifth child. The remainder must be tequila related. Since I am learning my limits, and how to stay within those limits for a marked decrease in crazy, I think I may just go for a pet goldfish.

Thank you for indulging this marked increase in crazy.

As soon as I get over this crazy I will post a celebration of the beauty of the natural process of their growing and learning and maturing. On my to do list: get over this crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Love love love the photos. How many more years before they're too big to both fit on your lap at the same time? Not many I'd guess . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Carol (and Uncle Jack)September 29, 2011 at 12:57 AM

    Didn't think this constituted a "crazy"! Sounds universal (even for Aunts/Uncles) and astute. I guess we don't have baby twin great-nephews, anymore. Welcome to our "little great-nephews"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet, they will always be your babies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh!! You must have blinked..how could they have grown up in only four weeks since I saw them last??? Love the storybook pic..now that is a lap full!! They will always be Momo's little punkins!

    ReplyDelete