Friday, December 3, 2010

O M F G or "good thing they did not have a didjeridoo!"

My Mom used to tell me if you can only express yourself with profanity then it makes you seem unintelligent and low class dear!  She is right but somedays profanity is the only thing to properly sum things up. I went upstairs for 5 minutes on Wednesday to put on my swimmy for swim lessons, I heard the boys banging their Melissa and Doug wooden maraca on the Thomas rug on the table. I peaked my head around the banister and told them to stop, they did for a minute. Then...I hear more banging, this time it sounds different, I think it is banging on glass, and it is accompanied by screaming. I come flying down screaming a scream that I could hear outside of my body, with my bathing suit top around my waist CARSON COLIN CARSON COLIN CARSON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOOOOP! It was too late Carson did not stop until the 3’X6’ window shattered, this made Colin stop banging Carson's head with his rhythm instrument. I was screaming and yelling and cussing who knows what else all in half a bathing suit. YES COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY LOW CLASS. 
I am so grateful no one was hurt. I prayed to God many times that day to thank him for keeping them safe, I also said a few extra prayers that he keep them that way after I got ahold of them. Luckily, we are at the Funky Cold and they had a maid come in “straight away” to vacuum the glass, a maintenance man to take out the stabbing 5' shards of glass and a new window by the time we got back from swimming. Everyone reacts so differently to stress, I put both boys in time out in their crib, Carson shut down completely, he laid down very quietly and stayed that way, Colin screamed and cried and carried on for EVER! Their reactions could not have been more different. 
If you think the day was as dramatic as it could get, it almost was, until Colin decided he did not want to jump on a floaty mat at swimming and reared his head up and busted my lip. At the time I thought, Hmmm...that really hurt, I must be getting wimpy b/c there is not even any blood. Later that night when I remembered it happened I took a peak to find a very swollen and bruised lip, that is still sore and swollen today. So somehow I ended up the most hurt in a day where my kids busted down a glass window? As one of my good friends Nate said, "good thing they did not have a didjeridoo you would have lost a wall!" Good thing indeed! I have promptly returned my first DIDJ to Toys R Us. I also am done with fancy good for the earth wooden toys, a cheap plastic maraca could have never achieved such destruction! 
Our night in shining armor.
Did I mention they broke the window in a driving rain storm?

The scene right before I got my "clock cleaned."
Surprisingly, Carson had his best lesson yet!

He used to be terrified of this slide. On Weds. he did it like 20X. He must have felt invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment