Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not a vegemite sandwich

 Friday night we went on our first date since we have been here! It was so FUN! Truly a banner evening!!! We got all dressed up and headed to The Four Seasons for a drinky where we sat in an overstuffed couch against the wall. We could see the whole bar and lobby and we could people watch until our heart was content! Then we headed two blocks up George St. to our dinner at est. We had a delicious decadent meal, and I think the best meal I have ever had! We choose the 5 course tasting menu which was so so so perfect. The sommelier picked perfect Australian wines for all our choices and told us in great detail about everything, but in a very quick Aussie pace so I did not feel bored! He made it so enjoyable. It was great service, such a nice restaurant but not stuffy at all. I am thinking of how I can invent another special occasion to hit it up again sooner than later! Right below est. is a swanky nightclub that we went to after dinner, it was around 11:15 so the night was just getting going for most of these people as for me my night was wrapping up, we made a few laps around the bar and hopped in a cab and headed back to the FUNKY COLD MEDINA.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good night! I've never been there so I'll have to put it on my list of places to try. Cheers! Jenny

    ReplyDelete