Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just a few random funny things...

This month is "MOvember" where men are encouraged to grow "mos" aka mustaches, to raise money/awareness for prostate cancer. Ladies, lets not shave the pits for breast cancer, or how about let our "ladies" go au natural for ovarian cancer, yeah that would be a really popular one huh? Why do they call mustaches MOs? No clue? The aussies love abbreviations and nicknames...I have met 12 grown women named Pip!

An Aussie writer is trying to rally men here to don their "budgie smugglers" as a protest to the "Americanization of Australia" which he believes is manifesting itself in the fact that currently men here prefer boardshorts to the traditional "cossie"(swim costume) of a speedo. He did note that Billabong and Quiksilver are Aussie companies and are the ones to launch the boardshort in 1960. He somehow also managed to blame boardshorts for Australia moving ahead of the US in obesity. Damn boardshorts!

A Mum at the pool asked me if I think my kids will pick up my accent?

I asked a gentleman at a preschool what the tuition was and he told me about the curriculum. I should enquire about the "fee" next time.

I spent a fortune at Clinique and only got three things...CLINIQUE! It is hardly Chanel, but my receipt does not know that! The make up girl told me nudes and naturals were in then PAINTED black eyeliner an inch thick on my lids! Funny thing is hers were EXACTLY the same! I looked so HOT at the playground!

My boys are on a waitlist for a preschool with an estimated enrollment date of January 2012. The director says nothing is guaranteed but he is confident he can get us in by then provided we waitlist now!

Since preschools are so inundated people choose daycare as a preschool stop gap. Little church preschools do not exist. We are touring one that wants $150 JUST to be put on the waitlist. That does not go to anything once you get in, it is just to waitlist. Once in you pay $107/day. The government does offer some assistance but we do not qualify.

In an all time parenting low, I pulled chicken nuggets out of the trash today and another Mum saw me! The boys said all done so I put them in the trash and within a second Colin went crazy, I peaked in, they were right on top of our other trash, clean as a whistle so out they came. Just like I told her..."don't judge" I will never have any Mum friends with my accent, inferior parenting and poor hygiene practices!

The Medor Family's arrival has ended Sydneys 15 year drought. They have not seen rain like this in 50-100 years. If you need your weather to change have us get involved. Case in point Denver had it's warmest October on record this year. Our first year in Denver was the snowiest January on record.

While skyping his Momo today Carson looked under the table for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment