Saturday, November 20, 2010

Movin' on up and school days

Yeah! We have a place to live! In just 3 short little weeks, I am COUNTING the days, we will be "movin on up to a delux apartment in the skyyyyyy, ohhh movin on up!" Yes I am so happy I could sing and I used to REALLY love the Jeffersons!  We can see the beautiful Pacific Ocean from our balcony! All this is to entice you to come visit! I am so excited to begin to get settled. I am so happy to see my stuff.  Pics to come with our stuff in them not someone elses! Having a home base means we can get all of the things in order that make life seem "normal." Preschool for the boys, playgroups, church, friends, oh friends, oh how we miss having friends! Next time someone asks you the deserted island question think long and hard about only talking to one person EVERYDAY! You better make sure that person likes to hear you talk or be OK with listening to your ownself chat it up! Lucky for me Mike is very good at pretending he is interested in some of the fascinating minutia of my day, like what kind of poopy diapers I encountered throughout the day!

I have been looking at little preschools this week and last. It seems like we can not go wrong, they all seem great. I have learned a few things while touring..."play based education" and "child guided education" is VERY big here, it could be another way to say we have no curriculum we just play and let the inmates run the asylum, or it could be legit?  We will see how it all pans out on the ol' SATs. When you pack morning "tea" for your child, they do not actually need tea bags and hot water. In fact that would be frowned upon! A snack of string cheese or crackers will suffice for morning "tea". Also, apparently, Aussie kids are overachievers in the wee wee dept. as I was informed some start the pottty training at 18 months, some wait until later like 2. CRAP. We are already WAY 'BEHIND'! I mentioned before about waitlists. We are on a waitlist for 2013 for a proper preschool, yes 2 years from now. All "daycare/preschools" have waiting list. But...if you begin to peel back the onion you will see that some places you could actually start ASAP as spots just "seem to come open." What I think is it would be disgraceful and shameful to not have a waitlist so EVERYONE has one, just because it is cool to have one, kinda like a Camaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment