Monday, February 14, 2011

Splashers Water Playground







A cold and overcast summers day (70'F) had us packing up the car and driving out to the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Center, Splashers Water Playground. The kids had a great time. It was wildly overstimulating but crazy fun. I would highly recommend it! It was very very crowded. As I was climbing the stairs with Colin to leave, I thought hmmm...that is amazing it is so crowded and all of the kids are getting so crazy but we did not have any incidents. I make it up the stairs to see CH laying on the floor crying really really hard and another kid laying close by, my mind races through a number of possibilities none great, I say to Mike, "Whoa, what happened?" He says, "he just got tackled HARD for no reason."(Mike is not in the heavily nuanced playground scene so he was blissfully unaware it is expected that he sugarcoat the incident to avoid confrontation, which I do not think he should have) Mom of tackler says sternly and with some 'tude , "HE(meaning her son) DID NOT DO ANYTHING, he was just trying to give him a HUG!" I may have said, "HUH?" Then the other dad came up and was really nice and apologizing and trying to get his kid to apologize and "hug" CH, to which CH said "NO,NO,NO" apparently he already had enough "hugs" and then he realized his wife was not happy(hands on hips dirty looks) and we were giving her dirty looks  and then he started giving us dirty looks and then we all just walked away. I hate seeing my baby hurt, but these things happen, kids act crazy, I half thought when I saw the two kids lying there that CH may have been the aggressor. Let me tell you, if he was the aggressor he would have had a stern talkin' to and time out and I would have apologized profusely. I would have not claimed it was a hug!!! ABSURD! If your kid acts out, no biggie, they all do, OWN IT! There is no shame in it, the shame is saying it was a hug. This type of silly parenting is very common here. I wonder do they parent like that at home? Say sweet baby boy hugger throws a prize vase is he just practicing for a cricket match? Or do they go get a switch and let em have it when no one is looking? Once I make a real Aussie friend I will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the crazy "hugger" and his crazy mum. But isn't that an awesome water playground? My kids loved that place!

    ReplyDelete