Monday, February 28, 2011

One second that's all I need and BAM! I gotcha!

Some phrases stay with you for a very long time. That’s what the “colorful” (redneck) tow truck driver in Gainesville, Fl told us when he towed our car as we were unloading it 10 years ago in Gainesville, Fl. I thought about that phrase this week when I got... the evil weevils, the pantry moth, the bane of my existence. One second, one weevil and BAM! They gotcha! Little Bastards. My girlfriend got em a few years ago and that is also a phrase I never forgot, her Grandma told her, “aint no shame in gettin’ the weevils, the shame is not getting rid of em!” I secretly pride myself on having a clean house, it may not always be picked up but it is always clean, so I feel like these weevils have insulted me with their nerve to invade my pantry! For smug readers in cooler climates that don’t get these little bas%$^DS. Here is a summary:
Pantry mothWhat are pantry moths?
Also known as Weevils, Flour Moths, Indian Meal Moths or Kitchen Moths, pantry moths are small moths commonly found in grains.  


I have thrown out my whole pantry. I bleached the shelves until I was high. I have spent the kids college money on airtight containers. What looked to be safe now lives in the freezer. Yes, I have Special K in my fridge, don’t judge! Have I eradicated them? No, will I ever? The word on the street is probably not. Some people get em 4X a year! I will have to live with the shame of the weevils and ice cold tortilla chips. Is there no justice in this world? To add insult to injury this all happened on the day my in laws arrived. They were extremely understanding but I ask again, is there no justice in this world? 

1 comment:

  1. I had those disgusting things a couple of years ago and am happy to say they have not returned. Pretty expensive having to throw away a pantry full of food. Hopefully, you have "ridded" your pantry of these pesky pests!!

    ReplyDelete