Monday, March 21, 2011

WE'RE OFF THE WAGON


"THE WAGON" on her inaugural journey Fall 2009


We took the boys to 'our oval,' The Alan Border Oval(cricket field) this weekend, in their wagon, we let the wagon out of our sights to go play on the field with the boys. Some "hooligans" stole it! I think it was these three entitled looking teenagers that were sitting on the bleachers leaving rude messages for their "friends." We looked around a bit thinking it was a trick and they put it somewhere they thought was funny, bathroom etc. The kids were hysterical, they love their wagon, they were screaming, "my wagon my wagon my wagon myyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaagoooooonnnnn." My parents still have my wagon, I believe wagons are special hallmarks of childhood. In my world you don't F with someones wagon. Our hearts were absolutely breaking, if I had seen the boys who took it, my heart would not have been the only thing breaking! If we were in the States I would have soothed them and said we will go out tomorrow and get a new one. I can't do that here, if I could even find one(which I doubt we could since people stare at us like we are walking a tiger down Main Street when we take it out), it would probably cost $1000, no exaggeration on the cost.  We walked about 50 yards towards home carrying our crying babies and there it was, parked on the sidewalk in front of someones house. Reunited and it feels so good!

2 comments: